UPCOMING EAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Stay tuned for more exciting professional development opportunities!
OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
* Please note that the events and presenters below are not directly affiliated with TEAL Manitoba. Please direct all questions and inquiries to the contact information listed in event posters.
University of British Columbia: M.Ed in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
The University of British Columbia is now offering a new, fully online, part-time Master of Education in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). This program is offered through the Department of Language and Literacy Education, in the Faculty of Education, at The University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
The MEd in TESL begins September 2018 and the application deadline is March 15, 2018. This cohort program is designed to develop highly skilled and specialized professionals in the field of TESL, and the part-time schedule is catered to fit the needs of working teachers of K-12 and adult education.
Students in this program will gain theoretical and practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Key principles of applied linguistics for teachers
- Second and foreign language acquisition, teaching methods, and writing
- English proficiency assessment
- Language, discourse, and identity
- Multilingual literacy and multimodality